Friday 4 February 2022

Just Needing Initials and Date

I finished the insides of the two Wessex needlebooks except for the initials and date. 

I'm still deciding what colours to do the outram on the right hand one. Green and blue? Blue and yellow? Yellow and green?

Having learned from the left one, I'll use a single strand of DMC if I decide on the green one. 

I finished crocheting the red and black ripple blanket.

The striping pattern was determined by how much yarn was in each ball. I did 12 rows of red and 8 rows of black. 
Because it's DK yarn, it's lighter than it looks. It will be very cozy for the chemo patient who gets to use it and hopefully keep it. 

I now need another knitting or crocheting project to start. I haven't been stitching my Wessex projects at night because the count is so small and I need to sit at the table with really good light. That has been morning and afternoon stitching. So at night while watching TV, I have been knitting. 

I have a stack of Interweave Knits magazines to look through for inspiration. And, of course, the myriad of stitching patterns I could put on my queue.

We only got a couple of inches of snow overnight - much less than what was predicted. I shoveled the walkways, most of the sidewalk, back patio and path on the deck, and about 1/3 of our driveway before Skip could get out there with the snowblower. The snow was fairly heavy because it had rained a lot yesterday. Fortunately when the plow went by, it ran down the middle of the street and didn't fill in the driveway at all. Yay! No windrows to shovel.

I decided we're having fish and chips tonight. Our former favourite breakfast place is a fish and chips restaurant so we'll probably order from them. They no longer serve breakfast. We hope our favourite server, Sayida, has been able to find employment elsewhere. Skip and I used to really enjoy going out for early bird breakfast every week or two and have missed doing that during the pandemic. Now we are being told we need to learn to 'live with COVID' so I guess we'll be starting to go out there more and more. Skip and I are still a bit leery being in the 65+ category but we're both relatively healthy so if/when we do get COVID, we'll be able to beat it with our immunity from our vaccinations and boosters.

My sights are on StitchNorth - a big stitching retreat the first weekend of April. We have about 8 weeks 'til then and hope the province stays open enough for us to attend. Fingers are crossed. If I need to isolate for a few days after I return, I will do so. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment