Wednesday 23 February 2022

Good Mail

 Yesterday a package from New Zealand arrived in the mail.

It was the Wessex Stitchery pattern I had ordered from JC Embroidery at the end of January. It was mailed Feb. 1.

Now I have to pick some fabric and 3 colours of thread. I have the hardest time doing this. I'll probably see someone else's and copy what they've done.
It also came with two key charms. The smaller one would make a great zipper pull.

Also, the 9 x 8 frame that I ordered online came. 
It was well packaged for shipping via FedEx. I had to Google how to remove the protective coating from the non-glare plexiglas (use a hair dryer to warm it). The matted print fit perfectly! I am very satisfied with this company, which actually shipped from Missouri. I received my order within two weeks. The watercolour painting I bought 10 years ago in Florence is finally framed.

I was going to order a frame for my Cordelia Peacock sampler but tried a 5 x 7 frame from my stash with it this morning and it looks fine. (taken at a slant to avoid glare).

I finished the backstitched border around the first side of the hummingbird biscornu and have started the second side.

I also finished the Helix socks.
I need to find another knitting or crocheting project to keep my  hands busy when I'm not stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment