Friday 19 August 2022

5 Random Facts about Me

 1. Began playing the oboe in Grade 9 then majored on it in a Music Education program in university (of Western Ontario). I play all of the brass, woodwind, and percussion instruments well enough to impress a Grade 9 student. I taught high school music plus math and some other subjects for 30 years.



2. I used to crew on racing sailboats. My main job was to pull the spinnaker into the cabin while the boat heeled at 30º or more, and re-pack it in the bag - hoping for no hourglasses next time it was opened up on a downwind leg.



3. I have a pretty good understanding of Spanish, French, and Italian. My speaking ability is significantly rustier but my comprehension is pretty good and Google Translate really helps fill in the gaps. I also took Latin for 4 years in high school.



4. I didn't get married until I was in my mid-40s. It was worth the wait.



5. I do not enjoy cooking. My favourite thing to make for dinner? Reservations.


No comments:

Post a Comment