Thursday 4 August 2022

Making More Project Bags

I made some more project bags. Joanne gave me enough fabric to make two.
Today I made another with fabrics from my stash. I adapted my method which works out well, I just need to make note of the dimensions for future projects.
I bought this fabric years ago at a quilt shop in Guelph whose name escapes me and is no longer in business. Because the motifs are so big, I needed to be careful how I cut the fabric. However I cleverly mixed up the pieces above and below the vinyl. Oh well. It's still really pretty.
Lately I've been fashioning zipper pulls from my stash of beads. I actually had a teal bead that worked with the colour of the leaves in the fabric.
I'm also able to reveal two of the models I've stitched for Lori Pengelly of Pansy Patch Quilts and Stitchery (PPQ&S) - in her soon-to-be-released series: Houses on Pumpkin Lane. Here are the first two in the series of 9 houses.

Pumpkin House and
Chrysanthemum House.
I'm stitching all nine on one big piece of fabric - 1 over 2 on 36ct.

The first two patterns along with several others will be released to shops at Needlework Expo an online trade show. A couple of months later, they'll be available for .pdf download from the PPQ&S website.

The border will be available for free on the website as well.

I love the autumnal colours. A PPQ&S pattern trademark is iconic quilt blocks - particular favourites are the churn dash and shoo fly patterns. The quilt blocks will feature prominently on each 'house'.

Another exciting release for PPQ&S is Lori's 'Pumpkin Dash' quilt which made the cover of the current (Fall 2022) Primitive Quilts and Projects Magazine. 

Many traditional techniques are included as well as a lot of wool felt appliqué.

No comments:

Post a Comment