Sunday 21 August 2022

Had to Make a Cute Little Thing

Inspired by someone on Instagram, I charted and stitched this precious little design yesterday. I used DMC 115 (my favourite variegated red thread) and 32ct dirty linen, one strand over one thread.

The back is just the plain dirty linen. I stuffed the little pillow with some fibrefill and added cording made with the same floss.

Siobhain suggested that a little magnet is also good to put in scissor fobs. It gives them weight so the fob lands before the scissor point does when dropped, and it gives the fob a dual purposed as a needle minder.

I picked up the Willie's Quaker Sampler #6 again and finished the numbers.

I enjoy stitching with one strand and one colour. This is 40ct platinum linen and will be framed to match this one I completed a couple of years ago. It's the same designer.




No comments:

Post a Comment