Friday 19 August 2022

3 More Project Bags

A friend asked me to make her three more project bags. She provided the fabrics, zipper and thread and I provided the vinyl, zipper pulls, and sweat.

This was nice autumnal fabric.




I made her another one with a similar pattern 
She wanted it a little bigger than I usually make. I also centred this one carefully.

These batik fabrics were very pretty - hard to see the pretty inside fabric.
What a lovely paisley batik!
You can see a bit of the lining fabric in this shot.
Each one takes more than two hours to make. I may have finally figured out the right length to cut the vinyl factoring in all the 1/4" seams on the front. This makes it possible to use up some of my fat quarters. I ordered a point turner that looks like a big caliper which should help me do a better job of getting nice, pointy corners in the future.

It's here!

I really don't want to make any more for people - I've done 6 commissions in the last month plus 3 for myself . I do like to make them for my own use or to give as gifts. I still have the second William Morris checkerboard bag to put together. 

I purchased more vinyl and fusible batting today. I bought a couple of fat quarters at Len's Mill Store on the way to Sarnia last weekend and some more at the Ultimate Sewing Centre in Oshawa last week. 

I want to do some of the paper piecing with the three kits I bought


The kits were only $8US apiece! The patterns were slightly less and available in .pdf. Shipping was under $20US. They were part of a block of the month club from Silver Linings Originals.

They're somewhere in a pile on my dining room table.

No comments:

Post a Comment