Saturday 22 September 2007

Back to Reality

I'm going to try to catch up on the week's happenings.

Tuesday I did a mammoth laundry and got all the clothes out on the line. We are doing our bit for the environment by line drying our clothes from April to November. And we love the fresh smell of them. The rest of the day was pretty much a day of sloth. I don't even think I got out of my sleeping clothes until late afternoon. I went to the Pickering Band rehearsal where I was the 4th (!) oboe player. They certainly don't need 4 of us. I did offer my services to the conductor if he needs someone to sub in for him. It was good seeing several of my former band-mates. There are a couple of other community groups I'm considering joining.

Wednesday was a pretty lazy day as well. I did do some grocery shopping but generally just puttered around the house (from what I can remember).

Thursday I went to a doctor's appointment and picked up fresh veggies on the way home. I made a very nice 'shake and bake' type chicken dinner with green beans and corn on the cob. After supper I went to Kniterary to 'Sit 'n Knit'. I finished knitting the top edge of the stained glass purse. I just need to finish by attaching it inside and finishing the second i-cord strap. Then it'll be time for felting. Martina offered to help me felt it. She also had some new hemp yarn kits and I bought the market bag one. I may start it this evening.

Yesterday, I went to the club and did the one hour weight-lifting class and then 30 min. on the treadmill while watching "The View". It went pretty quickly. It was the first time I had worked out since before our trip. Not surprisingly I'm feeling achy muscles today. I went over to the school I used to teach at to visit some folks and make sure some people were going out for a drink. We call that 'going to the curriculum meeting'. Skip and Scooter arrived home shortly after I got home.

Today, we slept in a bit and had a generally lazy morning. I bought a lovely sweater pattern for the Cece lacy sweater online from ChicKnits.com. Now I'll be in search of appropriate worsted weight yarn. I may try to find a nice cotton yarn. While goofing off on the computer today I discovered TWO (!) yarn stored I haven't yet been to in the Buffalo area. They'll definitely be on my list the next time we go there for a 'get away' weekend. Now that our dollar is almost par it could be relatively soon.

I have made a list of UFOs:
- triangular shawl
- baby surprise sweater
- Regia Canadiana socks in Scroll Lace pattern
- stained glass fan felted purse

I'm sure there are more but I can't think of them right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment