Friday 14 September 2007

Kawaii!!

Today we packed up and headed southward to Franklin, IN where we will be staying for 2 nights. We had lunch at 'Shake 'n Steak' - nothing outstanding but adequate fare nonetheless. We went to WalMart afterwards and picked up a couple of things including a cute (kawaii = Japanese for 'cute') Hallowe'en shirt:

Our motel is comfortable and has many amenities: wireless high speed Internet, indoor heated pool, fridge and microwave and is just steps from the interstate. We have spent considerable time trying to find a high school football game to attend this evening but all of the local teams are playing away games - and by away, I mean 60+ miles away!! So much for that idea.


Skip took a picture of me last night in the cemetery posting my blog:













Tomorrow is our big day at Indiana University. We're getting up early and heading there. We want to be parked by 9:30am because at 9:45am sharp, the team will enter the stadium. It's a big deal, evidently.

On the knitting front, I'm quite pleased with the progress I've made on the Stained Glass Fan Felted purse:


























I am using Noro Kureyon yarn. Six different colourways were required in order to get a variety of colours for each fan. I also bought a couple of balls of Australian merino yarn with some other colours. I'm hoping they'll all felt the same way. We shall see. I have 7 1/2 rows out of 10 finished on the sides and then I'll begin the bottom. I guess I'm about half finished. There will be two i-cord straps (I have one finished) and i-cord around the top. I'm going to line it and include a zippered pocket and a zipper across the top as there is no flap to close the top off.

No comments:

Post a Comment