Saturday 15 September 2007

Hoosier Daddy!

We got up early today and drove the 40 miles to Bloomington, IN to see the Indiana University Hoosiers play the University of Akron Zips. It was very exciting for both of us. Before the game we went over to Assembly Hall where the Hoosiers play basketball. There was a ladies' volleyball game in progress. Skip got a little misty eyed being in such a revered place (for NCAA basketball fans).













Then we headed over to "The Rock" (Memorial Stadium) where we were to see the IU vs. Akron game.













Before the game, Skip caught me KIP (knitting in public). I'm almost finished the monkey socks.













It was band day so there were several bands in attendance sitting in the end zone with the famed Marching Hundred band. In fact, there are over 200 people in the band including 22 sousaphones, almost 50 trombones and almost two dozen cymbal players. It was my turn to have a big lump in my throat.













Some of my favourite things? I loved Zippy the Kangaroo - the mascot from the Akron Zips. She is one of only two female mascots in the NCAA. She had 'Fear the Roo' on her back. I loved the music - the pageantry.

It was a beautiful, crisp fall day. I sure love the fall. Oh yeah and IU won 41 to 24. "Indiana, we're all for you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment