Tuesday 25 September 2007

Life's Simple Pleasures

Today was very pleasant. I had a nice morning puttering around the house and on the computer. Skip was golfing. After lunch I went to Costco to see if Linwood Barclay's book was there yet. It wasn't :-( However afterwards at Chapters I had a lovely time looking at the knitting books. I especially enjoyed the Koigu book, "Knits from a Painter's Palette: Modular Masterpieces in Handpainted Yarns". I enjoyed my Grande non-fat decaf latte as well.

While driving to and from my shopping places I noticed the leaves have started to turn. Some of the maples are just breathtaking. It has been unseasonably warm (hot) this month. Today was another record-breaking high. I even had the air-conditioning in the car!

I dropped into Kniterary on my way home to pick up the 4mm 24" circular needle I need for the hemp market bag project - The Shop 'Til You Drop kit in the classic colourway. I also scoped out a couple of different yarns for the Cece lace sweater I want to knit. I also bought a ball of chunky yarn on sale for the water bottle caddy.

When I got home, I popped a roast in the oven and followed with onions, potatoes and carrots and sat down to watch Oprah and began knitting the market bag. Dinner was delicious.

All in all it was a very pleasant day. Not much money was spent and there was a lot of enjoyment living in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment