Monday 24 September 2007

A Stash I Forgot I Had

I got myself out the door by 10am and over to the gym for my 1 hour Yoga class. Then I spent a half hour on the treadmill whilst watching 'The View'. I picked up some California rolls downstairs at Loblaws and headed home to eat lunch.

Skip and I had planned to go into Toronto today but he has come down with a cold and begged off for today. I need to get 4mm 24" circular needles but my LYS (Kniterary) is closed on Mondays and Ferguson's is only open Thursday - Saturday. So I decided to work on the Lady Eleanor scarf instead.

It's an entrelac pattern from "Scarf Style". The original pattern calls for 7 squares per row and is more of a shawl. I didn't want a very wide scarf so I'm doing 2 squares across and only will use 3 balls of yarn. I'm using SWTC Karaoke yarn - 50% soysilk, 50% wool.

I tried to locate the Philosopher's Wool sweater kit in the basement - to no avail. I did however find a bunch of yarn from another kit I purchased years ago (100% wool) and a bunch of worsted weight acrylic and some squared I had made from baby yarn. I also found a kit of Norwegian yarn in black and off white.

Tomorrow I have several errands to run. I want to go to Costco and see if Linwood Barclay's new book " No Time for Goodbye" is there. If not, I'm ordering it from amazon.ca

I also have to drop into Kniterary for the circular needle I need. I'll also look for some yarn for the CeCe lacy sweater - not that I need to start another project!

No comments:

Post a Comment