Monday 17 September 2007

Home Again, Jiggety Jig

We arrived in Flint, MI yesterday at 5pm. Thankfully, I had secured our reservation for late arrival at the Sleep Inn with my credit card. Once settled, we headed to Don Pablo's for dinner. I was in the mood for an enchilada and a tamale. Of course there was the requisite Corona Lite with lime, as well. The amiable server, Kristen, recommended I try a Miller Chill which contains lime and salt. Unfortunately they don't serve it at Don Pablo's but I'll keep an eye out for it in the future. I think they sell it at Applebee's in the US. Skip had shrimp quesadillas.

After waddling back to the room, we headed for the hot tub. It felt great after the long drive and the rough road we experienced between Lansing and Flint. Ahhhhh!

Skip watched football and I continued to knit on the stained glass fan purse. I'm at round 9 of 10 on the sides and will soon be able to start the bottom.

This morning we set out for home by 9:00 and arrived at the border crossing at Port Huron, MI by about 10:30 after a 'comfort stop' and a fill-up of gas. We got home by 2:30pm and commenced unloading and unpacking.

Ollie was very glad to see us. The neighbours who fed him while we were away noted that he must have missed us as he paid more attention to them than to his food when they came to feed him.

Now there's a mountain of laundry which I'll do tomorrow morning and hang out on the line. I have also decided to attend a rehearsal of the Pickering Community Concert Band tomorrow evening. I have been asked to consider being the assistant conductor. At this point, I'm reluctant to commit my time but I DO want to start playing again on a regular basis.

I just remembered another favourite thing about the game on Saturday. Any time Indiana got a first down the band would play the opening of the trio of National Emblem march. Fans would pump their fists up and down to the music and at the end of the second phrase point in the direction the Hoosiers marching.

No comments:

Post a Comment