Thursday 27 September 2007

Season Openers

This morning I made it to the 9:30am Body Pump (weight-lifting) class. It was packed! 25 people with enough equipment for about 22 - too many people for the studio. I wish they'd offer another class and there's no Pump class at the other club on Thursday morning. It was a good workout although I didn't feel particularly strong. I did sweat a lot. Actually, I have been really sweating a lot during my workouts lately. I sure hope that means I'm burning off lots and lots of fat. I then did 30 min. on the treadmill.

I met Skip at his golf league's banquet at 1pm. It was a nice meal with very pleasant companions. Skip has really enjoyed it.

After supper, I went to the Sit 'n Knit. There were only 3 of us there this week (including Martina). She had made the felted pumpkins from knitty.com and had them on display. I bought the orange yarn and will check out my stash for the brown yarn for the stem.

I've been continuing to work on the hemp market bag and have almost finished the first skein. I thought I should knit the two straps with the second skein first before continue with the bag as I want to make the bag as big as I can and don't want to run out of yarn. The straps call for 'linen stitch' which I had never seen or done before. It's kind of a weaving type of knitting with not a lot of 'give'. Some of the abbreviations were a bit perplexing at first, for instance, sl 1 pw wyib. Huh? I figured it meant, slip one stitch purlwise with the yarn in the back. And it worked!

I watched the season opener of 'Grey's Anatomy'. There are lots of opportunities for turns and twists the plots can take this season with the departure of Burke, the arrival of Alexis, the breakup of Meredith and McDreamy, Izzy's declaration of love for George and his reciprocating. I have the 'ER' season opener on tape and will watch it at a later time. I didn't watch it that faithfully last year. They've 'jumped the shark' a few times and characters are coming and going all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment