Wednesday 12 September 2007

A Lazy Day

Today Todd and Shingo had errands to do so Skip and I headed out on our own. We drove to Muncie and had lunch. I then dropped Skip off at a golf driving range and I went to Danner’s a yarn store in Muncie. Danner’s is also a book store and gift store but its most popular item is yarn. The store is laid out in an interesting way. Instead of brands or weights of yarn being displayed together, the yarn is displayed by colour. I saw some brands I had never seen before such as a couple of brands from South Africa and Malabrigo. I bought a variegated merino wool to use in my felted stained glass fan purse. I also found the Opal sock yarn in the Raupe colourway - simulating a monarch butterfly caterpillar.

After shopping, we went to Anderson, IN and visited a couple of stores: Hobby Lobby and Dunham’s. Skip bought an Indiana University hooded sweatshirt. We then picked up some groceries at a market and returned to Todd’s.

Tomorrow we may head back to Carmel to explore more stores. We may also explore Mounds State Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment