Wednesday 30 January 2019

Afmaeli - Blocked

Afmaeli is off the blocking wires. As it was snug when I first finished knitting, with wet blocking, I stretched it out to the desired dimensions and let it dry like that.
It stays like that once dried and the pins and blocking wires are removed.

My model tried it on and deemed it fitting like the Riddari (that he is still wearing daily).

I started Scooter's Riddari, knitting one sleeve. I have decided to exchange the light grey for a darker shade as there isn't enough contrast between it and the white accent. I'll head up to Myrtle Station Wool again tomorrow. I also discovered in my Léttlopi stash that I have a ball of the denim-coloured that I used for Skip's Riddari so I will return the darker blue ball as well. So the grey for Scooter's Riddari will be the same shade as Skip's Afmaeli and the blues will be the same.

Since I can't knit on it any more 'til I get the grey yarn, I continue to stitch away on my Stars piece. This is where I left off yesterday.
Today I am continuing the green tendril up the right side and will finish those leaves and start stitching the woman in the blue skirt.
I still have lots to finish on the houses at the bottom and need to remember to buy some 4mm white buttons for the 'flowers' between the houses. I'm also looking forward to doing the specialty stitches and all the 'stars'.


No comments:

Post a Comment