Tuesday 1 January 2019

Happy New Year 2019!!

Last night Skip and I went for buffet dinner at our local Mandarin Restaurant with friends, David and Susan.
We then went home and got into our jammies to toast in the New Year.
I always enjoy seeing the ball drop at Times Square and heartily sing "New York, New York". We have such wonderful memories of that song dating from the time we happened upon the third race of the Triple Crown back in 2003 (I can't believe it was that long ago). We were in Sackets Harbor NY on a little getaway weekend and found hundreds of people out in the streets. They were getting ready to watch the Belmont Stakes and local racehorse, Funny Cide. The air was electric. Everyone was drinking and smiling. We all were so excited. Could this be the new Triple Crown winner?? We all sang "New York, New York" gustily before post time. 

Unfortunately, Funny Cide did not win, and didn't become a Triple Crown winner but man, what a party! But I digress.
Our cactus (Christmas? Easter?) bloomed on New Year's Eve. I think it is confused and definitely thrives on neglect.
Nope, we haven't had any snow to speak of (thank goodness) and hope it stays that way until we depart for the sunny south.

Whilst watching the Tournament of Roses Parade this morning, I worked on the third and last side of my Quaker pear. I started the big green motif at our stitching day at Jeannette's and have progressed significantly since this photo was taken. Better pics to follow...
I'm still taking the meds for my respiratory crud (bronchitis? asthma?) and feel so much better. Hopefully, things will be all cleared up by the end of my medication regime.


No comments:

Post a Comment