Friday 4 January 2019

New Year Stitching

I haven't done a lot of stitching this week. Last Saturday we spent the day stitching at Jeanette's and I started the third side of my Quaker pear - the big, green medallion.
I have puttered away on it since then. Not too much left to go on this one.

I have the other two sides done. I was too optimistic about the completion date so will change it to '2019'
It should look quite spiffy when I get it sewn together.
I've also done some work on my Block Party Bee Hive pincushion. The sides are done.
I'm working on the honeycomb top.
I've been outlining the pieces with floss that matches the fabric so it's going to be a real challenge sewing the thing together. Magnification and LOTS of light should help.

Today is my last day of medication from the illness that flattened me over Christmas. I have all my energy back but still a bit of crud in my lungs. That seems to be fairly normal for me for a couple of weeks after a cold or bronchitis.

No comments:

Post a Comment