Monday 14 January 2019

First Sleeve Done

This sweater is knitting up very quickly. I might even have most of it knit before Skip and I head south. I finished the first sleeve last night and have about 10cm done on the second one.
The sleeves and body are knit up to the underarms. Underarm stitches are put on holders on both the sleeves and the body. They will be grafted together later. The rest of the stitches around the sleeves and body form the yoke are put on one long needle for the knitting of the yoke. The Lettlopi that I'm using is Aran weight and with the 4.5mm needles I'm using, it knits up like a dream with great stitch definition.

This morning I stitched with a Monday morning group at Alda's. I got some more work done on my Stars sampler.
I've started the leafy vine above the verse and will stitch the alphabet above that when I'm done.

I have been listening to lots of Flosstube videos on YouTube. I like Vonna Pfeifer (The Twisted Stitcher)'s finishing tutorials. She explains the steps very clearly. I have also enjoyed Chelsea and Priscilla "The Real Housewives of Cross Stitch" and Teresa Kogut's Flosstube.

No comments:

Post a Comment