Monday 28 January 2019

Afmaeli - Finished

I finished Skip's Afmaeli sweater just now. It took four tries to get the neck right.
I finally frogged it back to the beginning of the black on the neck and re-did the decreases, for a total of 88 sts instead of 80. It had to be multiples of 4 for the k2 p2 ribbing. I then did a stretchy bindoff.

Here's the detail of the cuffs.
I do need to give it a hard blocking. I used exactly the same needle size as Skip's Riddari but this seems to be a denser fabric. I think with soaking it and stretching it out to the desired size, I can get it to be the same airiness as the Riddari.
I can now start Scooter's Riddari.

This frigid weather is very conducive to knitting and stitching. We've had snow and will be shovelling out tomorrow morning. Skip just heard on a weather report that we're supposed to be getting some of the coldest temperatures we've had in 25 years. Great - the year we aren't going south in February. Curse you, Climate Change!

No comments:

Post a Comment