Saturday 19 January 2019

Crisis Mode

I went to do a blog post Wednesday morning only to discover I had missed renewing my domain and my blog was no longer accessible. PANIC! After live chatting with someone from Google I learned that the domain (notjustaboutknitting.com) had been snapped up by GoDaddy, in spite of the 30 - 60 day grace period. I put in a request to get my domain back. If that doesn't work, I'll simply revert to notjustaboutknitting.blogspot.com again. If I do get the domain back, either URL will get you to this blog.

I need to put the renewal in my calendar for next year so I don’t have to go through this again. I think I’ve toggled ‘auto renew’ so (fingers crossed) it will renew automatically (if I ever get it back, that is).

So I apologize to you if you tried to check my blog the couple of days only to get a message that it had expired. I've been just sick about this and am thrilled that all was not lost.

I finished the second sleeve of Skip’s sweater and have about 10" done on the body. At this rate I could have most of the body knit before we head south. Scooter has just informed me he would like one, too so I may be visiting Myrtle Station Wool again soon (tomorrow?) to buy yarn for it as well.

On Tuesday night at spinning I finished plying together the two singles I’ve been spinning since the fall. I purchased the braids of fibre from The Black Lamb when I was at Twist this summer. They are from the same dye lot although two different fibres.

I had quite a bit more of the stellina fibre than the other so have a little skein of it plied on itself.

Basically I did no spinning on Tuesday, only plying and winding onto my niddy noddy.

I found two more handpainted braids of fibre so will work on those when I return from the sunny south. They’re not next-to-skin soft so are possibly Shetland or some other ‘scratchy’ fibre.

I’ve started thinking about what stitching patterns, fibres, and kits I want to take south. I always get a little panicky that I won’t have enough to keep myself entertained. However, there is a fabulous stitchery shop less than an hour away. Of course I’ll take all my threads so will only have to supplement for any projects I start.

I also have a couple of punch needle kits to take and want to start on The Old Tattered Flag’s “The Village Christmas Tree” (pictured bottom left) from the Christmas 2018 Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher magazine now that I have the kit. I just need to trace the design onto my weaver’s cloth. I also may reduce the size on my printer before tracing.
COVER - Xmas-Winter  Issue 2018 Web LG.j
I also want to start Teresa Kogut’s “Santa Knows” from the same issue (pictured above on the right).

If you love primitive punch needle or cross stitch, I cannot recommend more highly the subscription to Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher Magazine. Check out their website and scroll through the images of some of their issues. They don’t mail outside of the US but a digital subscription is available for $24US. It entitles you to .pdfs of four issues as well as all the issues from the previous year. At $14.99 for a hard copy of an issue, $24 is an excellent deal.  One tip if you want to print one of the patterns, select a high quality print setting so you can see the symbols easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment