Sunday 13 March 2022

Auditions

I finished the triangular scissor pocket! I used this tutorial.

I did quite a bit of thinking about how I would attach the lining. I ended up stitching the lining and linen right sides together along the same line as the pink backstitching. When I turned things right side out, it worked out perfectly.
Then I agonized over how I would attach the closure. I should have embedded it into the seam but, of course, I rushed ahead and closed the seam before doing that. I ended up making a little bit of cording, wrapping the end of it, stitching through the wrapping, then sewing it through the tip. I wrapped some more, then anchored the knot. Voilà.
I had the perfect beads for the closure but have been hunting them for the past few days to no avail. Looking through my button jar I came up with these options. Auditioning:

Pearl bead.

Pink shank button.
A little gold bell.
A shiny gold shank button.
A plain mother of pearl button.

I may purchase a pack of pink beads at the big box store as I also need a couple of beads for the biscornu.

Later that day...

I decided on the pearl bead.
Glad to have it all done! I'm ready for the StitchNorth smalls exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment