Saturday 26 March 2022

Doing All the Things

I knit a bit on the second Kroy sock but have spent most of the day planning and stitching my nametag for StitchNorth next weekend.

The lighting is bad but this is where I'm at. There will be green HotFix 'jewels' in the corners. I just need to figure out how I'll FFO this into a nametag. Will it go around my neck on a cord? Should I attach a pin to the back?

The flower is from the current Durene Jones stitchalong on Facebook. Initially, I cross stitched my name but it looked too heavy and make the nametag quite wide so I picked it all out and decided on this backstitched alphabet. 

I also remembered today that Daisy has her yellow dotty dress and a Ukrainian blue Shetland wool cardigan she can wear. She's a big hit on Facebook as she shows her support for the people of Ukraine.

Her name in Ukrainian is Romashka. Maybe we'll call her Romy. She's going to be coming to StitchNorth, too. A couple of my fellow stitchers want to meet her and look at all her clothes.

Only 5 more sleeps until StitchNorth! I have started making lists and will bring up a suitcase from the basement tomorrow and start tossing in stuff I want to take.

I went to my local fabric store today for their big sale but there was a huge lineup to check out and only one cashier. I'll go back tomorrow or Monday as my purchases can certainly wait 'til then. I was only going to buy some buttons and a couple of pairs of scissors if they indeed were on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment