Saturday 19 March 2022

Green Set is Finished

The afternoon was spent sewing in the lining and stitching up the back of the green Wildflower Hearts scissor case. I used the white muslin fabric again.

I also added clear, sparkly HotFix jewels to the little squares around the centre.

Again, a pearl bead would look very nice as a button. 
I'm so glad I learned how to make cording as it makes finishing so much easier.
These scissors look great with this set but I won't be parting with them.
I used almost a whole spool of Sulky thread on this project. It was touch and go for a while there because I didn't think I'd have enough to make the scissor fob. I did make a few mistakes that I had to pick out, thus wasting some of the thread but when I stitched the scissor fob, I used quite a few of the longer discarded threads.
I did use an actual silver-lined clear bead (Mill Hill 02010 Ice) for the centre of each side of the scissor fob. It allowed me to put a dent in the centre of the hearts.
If I were to stitch this for the purpose of making a scissor case, I would not use Monaco again. I find it to be too thick for my liking.

The ideal side length is between 3.5" and 4" for a small pair of embroidery scissors.

I have started another set with some DMC 4210 thread - Colour Variations.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment