Thursday 10 March 2022

Ready to FFO and A Knit Too Far

I have finished the stitching on the Hummingbird triangle scissor case and biscornu. 

To finish the pieces, I'll iron fusible interfacing onto the back of all the stitching. This will stablilze it so it doesn't pull out of shape when I sew it all together. I need to select a fabric for the lining as well.
The green and red on the top side was stitched with a strand of sparkly thread with a strand of DMC floss.  I used beads on the purple flowers and blue corner motifs. I was going to use black beads on the hummingbird eyes when Jeanette suggested I use my HotFix tool instead.
On this side which I consider the bottom, I didn't use the sparkly thread, nor beads except for the blue motifs in the corners. I used the HotFix tool for all the other flower centres and hummingbird eyes.
I should be able to get this stuffed stitched together tonight.

I've been knitting in the evenings when watching TV with Skip and afterwards. I started this pair of plain socks with a ribbed leg three nights ago and decided they should be for Skip to wear in bed. He likes the top to be really stretchy so I cast on over two needles to achieve this. 

Unfortunately I made the leg too long - 20cm (8") and only had 40g left of the 100g ball for the second sock.

I will knit the second sock until the yarn runs out and even them up before knitting the toes of both with a coordinating yarn.

If I ever could get comfortable knitting socks toe up, I wouldn't have this problem. I have knit a couple of pairs toe up but top down is my preferred method. Oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment