Monday 28 March 2022

Augmenting My Fabric Stash

During our Crafternoon chat yesterday Jen1 told us Kim had received a big shipment of hand-dyed stitching fabrics. Barb and I made appointments to go there today. I had a few other things I wanted to get.

Before I headed over there, Sharon called to tell me that she had just been to Kim's to pick up a piece she'd had framed and knew I'd be very impressed with the new fabrics and that it was a good thing I was going to get there before Barb. LOL.

I needed to get the fabric for my Wessex Hussif. I still really like the Ukrainian colours so picked out three spools of Sulky Petites and a pearl grey 28ct linen.

I also needed a skein of #8 thread for the Durene Jones scissor case project and picked a variegated pink Threadworx skein - colour 81099 - Sweet Innocence. 
It's a couple of shades of the pink for the Kloster blocks. As Kim didn't really have a #12 thread to match, I just picked a couple of DMC colours - 602 and 605 for the flowers, backstitching, and wrapping of the bars. I had previously done the cross-stitching with the called for colours but had to change the colours to match the Threadworx colour. 

I got this much done today between my Monday morning Zoom chat and this afternoon after getting back from the stitchery shop. Cross stitches and eyelets will get finished up before I tackle cutting the threads for the Hardanger.

I really like the orderliness of Hardanger - the counting and aligning of threads. I won't be pulling the eyelets as tightly and will instead use some HotFix 'jewels' in their place on some or all of them. I'll also need to find some fabric to go behind the openings of the Hardanger, hopefully from my fabric stash.

I may take a bit of a break on this project and save it for StitchNorth and start the Hussif. I still have to organize all my WIPs that I'll be taking. There are also a few somewhat completed projects that I can remove from project bags and file the threads where they should go.

I grabbed a couple of remnants at Kim's. 


I also came away with three of her new fabrics. 

A fat quarter of Picture This Plus 36ct Bramble.
a fat quarter of PTP 36ct Sand,
and an 18" x 12.5" piece of Fiber On A Whim Silver Fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment