Saturday 12 March 2022

Two Down, One to Go

Last night I designed, stitched, and finished a scissor fob to match the biscornu. I used DMC 603 to make the cording. This was the same colour that I used to stitch around the fob and the biscornu.

Adding a 2022 charm also gave the fob a bit of weight.
The fob is pretty little - less than 1 1/4" (3cm) across.


These scissors look great with it but they're my best pair. I will be substituting a different pair.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about how I will line the scissor case. I may baste the lining in place, sew the two top sides that make the flap, then glue the other two sides that get hidden inside. 

We have been getting lots of information about the StitchNorth retreat. So much is changing with regard to masking and testing. We will be adhering to the Peel Region/City of Brampton mandates which involve wearing a mask until midnight of Friday, April 1 except when seated to eat or drink. Then on Saturday and Sunday, masks are no longer required. At that time, I plan to wear a mask any time I'm not sitting and will put one on any time I'm walking around.  Being fully vaccinated, I'm not as worried about getting COVID as the Omicron virus is not seeming to be as virulent for vaxxed folks. I have not made  hard and fast rules, however, and things can certainly change.

Folks flying from the US will be able to get their rapid tests at the airport before flying home. Results within 30 min. Those travelling by car have a couple of places where they can make appointments for testing as well.

Skip and I really miss our little trips to the Buffalo area and Finger Lakes area. We have our favourite stores, restaurants, and hotels. Hopefully by the summer we'll feel comfortable enough to head across the border for a couple of days.

Only 19 sleeps until StitchNorth!


No comments:

Post a Comment