Friday 18 March 2022

Somewhat Addicted

I finished the Wildflower Hearts with the variegated green Sulky thread.

I did quite a bit of picking out and re-stitching. First I stitched hearts in the centre of each side like on the red version below. Then did the backstitching all around. That was going to make a huge scissor case so I cut out the hearts. They were easy to remove. and re-stitched the backstitching 6 threads from the outer satin stitch border. Then I picked out all the backstitching that was beyond that by 1/2" all around. It wasn't difficult because I used a seam ripper on the back side every 5 sts or so to cut the threads and tweezers to grab the little bits.
My task tomorrow will be to select a lining and assemble the scissor case.

I also added hearts to the DMC 115 Wildflowers set and still need to do the backstitching. I still have to think on whether I'll keep the outer hearts. This will depend on what the size will be when I fold it up to stitch.

My eyes were really tired after basically two days of stitching so I finished Skip's bed socks.

They're not identical twins because the yarn pattern was more random than usual. 

These were the socks where I ran out of striped yarn in the same place on both and finished the toes with coordinating blue yarn. He's going to try them out tonight (he wears socks to bed).

I have started another pair with some other striped Kroy sock yarn. The hope is to keep socks on the needles for knitting while I watch TV. This new pair will be the same construction as the ones above: 72sts on 2.5mm needle. 3 x 1 ribbing for the leg. Eye of Partridge heel and plain foot.

That's enough crafting for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment