Wednesday 23 March 2022

Red Triangular Scissor Case is Done

Today I sewed on the lining and whip stitched the back seam on the red triangular scissor case.

After my Crafternoon chat, I affixed the sparkly 'jewels' with my HotFix tool.
It looks very spiffy.
I have the fabric prepped to do the scissor fob.
I have almost finished knitting the first blue striped Kroy sock from my stash of yarn. 

The colourway is called Sing N The Blues.

It's my generic pattern: CO 72 sts with 2.5mm needle, 3x1 ribbing on the leg, eye of partridge heel, decrease to 72 sts and 2.25mm needles for the stocking stitch foot.

Each ball had 52g of yarn so I knew there would be enough to do an 8" leg and still be able to complete the toe with this yarn. I still have the dark blue yarn in reserve if I do need to finish the toe with it.

I have someone in mind for these.

My sock yarn stash is vast so I have pledged (to myself) to always have some socks on the needles for when I watch TV at night. So far, this is the fourth pair I've knit since making this pledge early in the new year. 

I can't believe that we're almost 1/4 of the way through the year already.

And finally, I washed my Must Have Cardigan and tossed it in the final spin cycle to express as much of the moisture out as possible.
I knit this back in 2008. This was the old Patons Classic Merino Wool yarn which was so soft and squishy. I really miss that yarn. This is the first time I've washed this sweater as I only wear it a few times every year and since it's always over a long-sleeved shirt, it doesn't come in contact with bodily fluids. I have, however, spilled stuff on it and wiped it off but I figured after the chili hitting the sleeve the other day, it was time to give the whole sweater a good wash. 

It's drying on Scooter's bed. I didn't even pin it - just pushed the pieces into place the correct dimensions (back and sleeve lengths). It should be dry and ready to wear again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment