Friday 29 April 2022

Alternate Retreat

After StitchNorth, I decided to take a pass on our autumn guild retreat at Elim this weekend. I have mixed feelings about it. I'm happy not to be isolating from Skip for a week, doing lots of rapid tests, and being concerned about being exposed to folks who might not be fully vaccinated or wearing well-fitting masks. On the other hand, I miss seeing all my stitchy friends in person and know they're having lots of fun being away, stitching a lot, eating meals they don't have to plan or prepare or clean up after.

Instead I am stitching in tandem at home and I've been getting a lot done. 

I finished all the Hardanger stitches on the Durene Jones bee scissor fob, found appropriate fabric for behind the open work, and added the HotFix rhinestones.

Then I made the cord, and put it all together.

I also added the bling to the triangular scissor case and have it all ready to assemble. Those Greek crosses, dove's eyes, and wrapped bars took most of the afternoon.
I finished the snowflakes on the Moonshine Cabin and added HotFix 'stars'.
They're really sparkly.
My plan is to paint a 10" hoop and mount the piece for hanging. Nothing fancy. Click on the arrow to see all the twinkle.

I've been adding letters to my Token of Fall. I should be able to complete this by the end of the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment