Sunday 10 April 2022

Identical Twins and Converting a UFO to a WIP

I finished the second sock and they're identical twins!

Basically I used the first sock as the template for the second and it worked out great. I have started another pair with yet another 100g ball of yarn from my stash and have about 3cm (~1.5") of 3 x 1 ribbing knit. It will be the same design as the pair I just finished.

I rediscovered a UFO when I was packing for StitchNorth. I started it in May of 2020. It made it into the basket of projects that I took but I didn't stitch on it at all. However, it appealed to me today so I did a bit more.

Today I did the word 'Summer', the flower, birds, door, and bee skep. It's smaller than 40ct I think so I quit when my eyes got too tired. I was using my magnifying glasses AND the magnifier on my lamp. I erroneously did the door with two strands of floss - no idea why I did that - but can't be bothered to pick out. 

I just have the windows and the house to finish, the one stitch in the centre of the flower (I may use a HotFix 'jewel', the ladybug (in the centre of the E) and several bees. It's going to be really cute.

The design area only measures 2 3/4" x 4.5" so it will fit nicely into 5 x 7 frame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment