Wednesday 20 April 2022

Stars, Diamonds, Long-tail Chain Stitches and Fly Stitches.

I have been beavering away on the Wessex Hussif. I ordered another two spools of the white Sulky 'cause I'm not sure one would be enough. I'm picking them up from Kim's tomorrow.

Yesterday I completed the Stars and Diamonds with white. It's pretty dense. Next I'll add blue cross stitches in the centres of the stars.

Today I started the next white section with long-tail chain stitches. Then come the fly stitches between the crosses.

Then superimposed on the long-tail chain crosses will be long-tail chain 'x's in either blue or yellow.
I fudged the pattern by one thread so my long-tail chain stitches would start and end beside the bottom left of a vertical thread (i.e. A)
It is so much easier counting that way. I'm not even going to reveal where I did the fudging as it isn't perceptible at all - it's my little secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment