Thursday 7 April 2022

Designing and Booking

I have an old Cross-Stitch Design Studio program that I purchased on CD a couple of decades ago. It still works! On it, I've been designing a template to design my own triangular scissor case.


It is geared to 28ct (14ct Aida) for a 3 1/2" pair of scissors. 

Using this template I have been designing a scissor case inspired by a biscornu by Giulia Manfredini in the Winter/Christmas 2021 Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher Magazine. 

At some point I'll stitch it.

In the meantime I've been working obsessively on a stealth project, again adapting an existing design to a different format so it can't be revealed yet.

I just happened upon a blog outlining this cool artist's quilt. What a great way to use some solid fabrics from one's stash. 

This morning I was able to book Skip for his 4th COVID shot (2nd booster). Only very limited spots were available for the date for which he was eligible so I'm glad I got him booked in the one day appointments were available. I'm eligible for my 4th dose on May 10 but no appointments are available yet beyond April 21. I'll keep trying.

For me, these are scarier times than before, now that masks are not mandatory, vaccine passports are not required,  and there are no occupancy limits. We can only manage our own behaviour because we now cannot count on others to wear masks which have been proven to significantly reduce transmission of COVID. 

One of the people who attended StitchNorth has reported to Caroline that they have COVID so I'm testing myself every day or so and keeping my distance from Skip until the incubation period is past. We picked our table at StitchNorth strategically - in the far corner where folks would not be likely to pass by us. I always wore my mask when standing or walking around the room but not all participants were as conscientious. 

To me, it feels like our provincial government just gave up and has left it to the rest of us to deal with COVID. Medical professionals are very concerned about having to cancel non-emergency procedures again in order to deal with a surge in COVID patients.

With this lifting of restrictions, more and more of my friends and acquaintances are testing positive and some are having pretty bad symptoms. The long-term effects are my biggest concern. We haven't heard from our Chief Medical Officer of Health, Dr Moore, in a very long time. There is conflicting information about why that is. 

I hope that people remember this on June 2 - at our next provincial election.

No comments:

Post a Comment