Tuesday 5 April 2022

Another Wildflower Hearts Piece

I finished the DMC 4210 Wildflower Hearts square that I will make into a triangular scissor case. 

Now to iron interfacing onto the back, select the lining fabric and put it together. And, of course, add the 'bling' with my HotFix tool.

I did buy a few things at StitchNorth from Pastime Pieces in Blenheim. When I got home I realized I already had one of the items, a Hands On Design Block Party pincushion.


There are 3 other seasons in this series but OH NO, I had to pick the one I already had. 

I also purchased 4 fat quarters from Teresa Kogut's Riley Blake series, "For the Love of Nature" and have project bags in mind for those.

I didn't sleep well last night - unusual for me. I stayed up way too late and was cold then hot in bed. I didn't do much today except a little bit of housework and of course, stitching.

Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight.

Poppy and I are registered for next year's StitchNorth which will be held in late April or sometime in May. We got a preferred rate for signing up early. It was offered for a limited time only to folks who attended or who had paid in full to attend but were unable to. I'm not sure what I would do differently next time except take more fizzy water (sparkling water) for spritzers in our room. I will definitely participate in the small exchange again. Caroline believes she may have to offer the retreat over two weekends like StitchCon, as it was so popular and hopefully with COVID less of a threat (or we'll be on our 3rd or 4th booster by then) more folks will be wanting to attend.

Inspired by Jeanette's magazines from The Cross Stitch Guild in the UK, I joined for a year to check it out for myself. The membership fee for a year for those outside of the UK is £45 plus a small postage fee for the first mailing. It worked out to about $90 CAD with exchange including shipping. They offer cute patterns and kits and a magazine 4x a year also containing cute patterns. I look forward to receiving my welcome package. 


No comments:

Post a Comment