Thursday 5 May 2022

Another Finish

I was so close to sewing up the Durene Jones bee scissor case, I thought I'd tackle it tonight.

The fabric is some pale blue 28ct Lugana.

Many of Durene Jones' designs are brightly coloured and involve some Hardanger stitches. These are my first Greek crosses. Rather than pulling tightly on Algerian eyelets, I attached HotFix 'jewels'. There are also wrapped bars and dove's eyes.
The fastening cord is a bit too long but I'm not going to change it.
The back.


The set.
Hardanger is lots of fun and pretty easy to stitch. The Kloster blocks go quickly. There are only a couple of rules to do them right. Cutting the threads out can be scary, too,  but there are a couple of 'tricks' to doing it that takes the scariness out of it (always cut perpendicular to the Kloster blocks). Even if you do cut the wrong thread (like I did a couple of times on these pieces),it can be repaired.
Making cording has really upped my finishing game. I'm glad I shelled out the cash for the cording drill. I've used it quite a bit for many of these smalls projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment