Saturday 28 May 2022

Scrappy Project Bag from A Jelly Roll

I've had a partial jelly roll in my stash for quite a while and got the idea today to cut the 2.5" strips into 2.5" squares and make another project bag.

I used the same process as the previous post but made the vinyl window 8" high. I still had to fold the top row of squares over but the final product was 13 1/4" x 12". 

I'm so close to making those project bags that have quilted backs and the front is all vinyl window.

Everything was from my stash - zipper, thread, interfacing, batting, jelly roll, vinyl, lining.
Then I made a zipper pull using some 7-strand beading wire, beads, and supplies I had on hand.
This morning I made a little pincushion using some of the leftover squares from the previous project. I stuffed it with sawdust. It's nice and firm. Now that I've tried this finishing technique, I believe I can finish some little samplers into little pillows. 
I've also got some crushed walnut shells (aka lizard litter) that I could mix with the sawdust.

The weather was gorgeous today so I spent a lot of the afternoon out on the deck stitching en plein air. I got caught up on YouTube videos while I was out there.

I started Willie's Quaker Square 6 on the 40ct Sand linen with my favourite DMC 115. I'm cutting out the bright red bits and saving them and just using the darker shades.

This is going to be a pretty quick stitch. 

I have the sleeves on my cardigan knit halfway. I'm looking forward to joining them to the body and getting the yoke started. I'm using the Starry Night pattern as a guide, combining it with the EZ Percentage method.

No comments:

Post a Comment