Thursday 12 May 2022

Yet Another Finish

Many folks participate in Maynia with some special stitching undertaken in May. Many start a bunch of new projects; one per day, one per week, etc. This year I have decided to finish stitching (finished object - FO) and fully finish (FFO) as many projects as I can in May.

Yesterday I finished all the stitching on Token of Fall that I started at Elim last October. I used Gloriana Northern Lights for the dark blue and DMC 932 for the light blue. The leaves were two Dinky Dyes (silk) equivalents to the called-for Gloriana threads. The rest were DMC equivalents.

The frame has been ordered. When it arrives, I'll cut foam core to snugly fit in the frame and mount the stitching to the foam core, pinning the sides into the foam, then lacing the back. This piece won't be behind glass.

I also finished stitching and FFOing the second, larger hummingbird scissor holder. The motifs are exactly the same and both fabrics are tea dyed 28ct Charles Craft linen from Michaels. I just used a larger template (100 sts x 100sts on point) and spaced out the motifs more.
It just fits the scissors I had in mind for it but with the guard on the tips of the scissors, I could even go a little bigger.
I'll have to do some thinking on it.
With those two projects done, I've emptied two project bags - ready for new projects. 

Speaking of new projects, I have acquired all the threads for Spring Quaker and am deciding whether I want to stitch the whole piece or just the centre piece. 
Then there's the fabric selection, which will be done from my stash.

I got my second booster shot yesterday. I'm having no COVID-like effects. My arm isn't even sore. I don't know what the significance of that is but I'm glad it's done.

Some of us are attending the Peterborough Fibre Arts Festival on Saturday. Plans will also include lunch and a visit to Needleworks, a stitching/quilting shop in town. I'm looking forward to hanging with my peeps in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment