Thursday 19 May 2022

EAC Market Mall and Stitcher's Boutique

Yesterday Marilyn, Jeanette, Jennifer and I ventured into The Big City to shop at the EAC Seminar's Market Mall and Stitcher's Boutique.

Here's the loot I came away with.

First we visited the Stitcher's Boutique, which happened to be our friend, Kim's, shop, Kimat Designs. I knew I needed 40ct platinum for my #8 Willie's Quaker piece to match Willie's #7. I also purchased a piece of 40ct Vintage Country Mocha and a variegated blue spool of Sulky Petites and a Jeannette Douglas pattern.
I love the sentiment.

At Pastime Pieces, I purchased the Smitten pattern from All Through the Night. The model was really cute so I was reeled in.

At Mes Broderies Ma Passion, I purchased a little embroidered zipper bag kit. It was trop cher but I mainly wanted it as a prototype for other hand-stitched bags. I remembered the vendor from when we went to the Twist Festival almost 4 years ago.

Another vendor, Million of Stitches, had the DMC 115 I needed. I also purchased some opalescent 32ct fabric which would be great for wintery scenes or ornaments. 

We met up with Barb in the exhibition hall. Poppy is attending Seminar all week, taking two 2-day classes with an excursion to the McMichael Collection today. We brought something to eat, because there is nothing available at the BMO IFL. In fact, outside food and drink are not permitted at all. Poppy invited us up to her room where we snacked and chatted for about a hour before she had to go for dinner (included in her Seminar fee) and we did a bit more shopping. 

Jen got us there and back safely in record time. arriving back in Whitby just before 7pm. It was a very fun day. Doing stuff with my stitching homies is always fun.

My brain is whirling with the WIPs and new projects I want to start. 

Tonight we're going to see 'Peace by Chocolate' with friends, then will go for dinner. It will be the first movie I've watched in a theatre since January 2020. I used to go almost every Sunday before noon (before COVID or 'before times' as Skip likes to say). When I booked our seats, distancing was already established on the reservation page - with pairs of seats a pair of seats away from the next pair. I checked this morning and so far the 4 of us are the only ones booked in the theatre for the 4:50pm show. Fingers are crossed no one else attends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment