Monday 23 May 2022

Just About Finished

I have spent quite a bit of time these last few weeks on the Wessex Hussif. I have used almost two complete spools of white Sulky Petites thread. I thought I was going to finish the second spool and have to start a third one (not sure where it is right now) but there are still few metres of thread left on #2.

I took the piece outside to take photos. The sun was blinding so I couldn't see well enough to take good shots but here it is.

I did the diamond part around the bottom yesterday. It went fairly quickly and didn't use as much thread as I thought. The big diamond in the bottom right is where my initial(s) will go but I'm searching for the right font as what was given in the pattern doesn't work well with this thread over 1.
During my Zoom chat this morning, I filled in all the space in the top (where you don't see the blue and yellow 'x's) with white long-tail chain sts. It was originally left empty for a little verse but I couldn't make the stitching work.
I can quickly fill in the blue and yellow bits. Then all the stitching will be done.
The triangle on the right - basically couched threads - is not my favourite-looking stitch. It was fairly easy to do but just lacks something. 
The stitching measures almost 18 1/2" long 
and 7" wide.
The finishing instructions seem quite good. I may add a zipper to one of the pockets and still need to find an appropriate fabric for the interior.

As I was stitching this well into the late evening last night, I didn't do any more stitching on my sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment