Thursday 5 May 2022

More of the Same

Last night I worked some more on my Token of Fall. All the letters and numbers are done now and I'm left having to do several of the random diamond motifs.

I'm going to order the frame so I can pop the mounted stitchery right in it when the frame arrives in a week or so.

I did some more of the long-tail chain clusters. I have deviated from the pattern and did a yellow one in place of one of the blue ones. I'm also not doing most of the weaving on the three rays.


I might even do one in a lighter blue. I timed myself and I've got it down to about 17 minutes for me to do one of the clusters of 4. 

The whole time I'm stitching this I'm thinking of how I would design a smaller piece - perhaps for a guild project? I really have enjoyed learning all the stitches. I just didn't need to to dozens of each one.

Still lots to do - and then there are the inside pockets and the finishing.

I have redesigned this hummingbird triangular scissor case for a larger size.  The motifs will stay the same size, just spread out a bit more on proportionately larger fabric. This pattern has 4.5" sides and I need 5" sides.


I am in the process of pulling the threads again now that I've found my working copies and welcome the plain cross stitches and backstitching.

Skip and I are looking forward to our weekend trip to my old stomping grounds. We plan to visit family and do our first birdwatching of the season in various locations in the area (Sarnia/Petrolia/Oil City). I'm packing my tick-repellant pants and sock and waterproof shoes and boots. The weather is supposed to be spectacular on Sunday. 

I just discovered this website selling paper piecing patterns and fabric kits. I have ordered not 1, not 2, but 3 epatterns and fabric kits. 



I'm not sure what the actual shipping costs will be. Hopefully not outrageously expensive.

The batiks are beautiful and any of them could be duplicated with fabric scraps.

I did some simple paper piecing several years ago and rather enjoyed it.
I have also had this one in the back of my mind since seeing it on display at the Hobby Horse Quilt Shoppe.

Could this be another 'rabbit hole' for me to fall down?

No comments:

Post a Comment