Monday 2 May 2022

Numbers and Letters

Token of Fall is almost finished. I'm just adding the last numbers, letters, and spacing motifs.


Yesterday, I stitched and finished a triangular scissor case. I bought a bunch of 28ct white linen from Kim's to use for my designing and smalls projects.

It is smaller than I would have liked so have tweaked the pattern to make a slightly larger one.

I have now created a template for 28, 32, 36, and 40ct fabrics to make these scissor cases.

Ideally, each side should be about 5" long. and a little over 7" wide if the design is on point.

My design was inspired by Deb's Winter Biscornu by Giulia Manfredini for the Christmas/Winter 2021 issue of Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher Magazine.
 
Photo - PNPS Magazine

I substituted DMC colours for the called-for blues. Using my DMC colour card really has come in handy for my designing.

I have the finishing down pat now. One thing I really like about stitching smalls like this is the finishing is not that difficult and once it's stitched up it's done.

I still have the Durene Jones scissor case to FFO. I just need to cut the lining fabric and put it all together.

I started the next section of my Wessex Hussif - more long-tail chain sts in a star formation.
They're clustered in groups of 4 and some of them require needle leaving around the rays. Each cluster  of 4 takes about 1/2 an hour and there are about 20 of them. They're not particularly difficult now that I've figured out all the counting, it's just a lot of time.
A couple of the 4-section motifs are either blue or yellow and all of the rays on a blue motif were supposed to be woven with yellow but I didn't like the look of it so frogged it all and will stitch again without the needle weaving.

This is where it's at as of now. It will be 7" wide and almost 20" long. I'm on my second 50m spool of white Sulky Petites thread.
I'll have to think of some clever ways to FFO it, adding pockets, a pin cushion, a piece of felt for needles, etc. The finishing instructions that came with the pattern are sketchy so I'll have lots of room for artistic license.

Skip and I are looking forward to getting away for a couple of days - visiting family, birding, and generally enjoying a change of scenery. I've really had cabin fever lately. It will be fun to do something different for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment