Tuesday 24 May 2022

Time To Start the Sleeves

I finished the body of the scrappy sweater last night. Actually, I knit one round too far and had to tink back.

I used measurements from a favourite sweater - 15" to the underarms for the body, 16" to the underarms for the sleeves.

I want to maintain the striping sequence so that when I join the sleeves and body, it's the same colour stripe all the way around the yoke. That means I need to start the striping a colour 1" below the golden yellow colour. The sleeve cuffs will have the same ribbing as the bottom of the sweater. 

There is a lot of calculating but just taking things one step at a time seems to help keep my brain from overloading.

This afternoon I will finish all the stitching on the Wessex Hussif. Fabric selection for the interior continues. I'll probably use a very neutral white fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment