Saturday 21 May 2022

Blue Stripey Socka Socks and More Stripes

I only had the last few rounds to knit on the toe of the second sock and got them done yesterday. To recap, the yarn is Fortissima Socka Color yarn from Schoeller+Stahl in the 121-Marine Colorway.

The striping is very random.
I didn't even  try to create identical twins.
I did continue the Eye of Partridge (EOP) heel pattern on the bottom of the heel as that's what wears out on the socks I wear.
Here's the pattern for EOP used on the heel flap:
Row 1: (Right Side) (Sl 1, K1), repeat to last stitch, K1. Turn.
Row 2: (Wrong Side) Sl 1, purl to end. Turn.
Row 3: Sl 1, (Sl 1, K1), repeat to last stitch, K1. Turn.
Row 4: Repeat Row 2.

This is basically a staggered slip stitch pattern. It provides an extra layer of yarn for extra durability.

I have continued working on the scrappy striped sweater. I don't have an infinite amount of the main colour but have a 616yd skein of turquoise/blue/purple yarn I can use when the original main colour runs out. I've been hoarding this since 2012! Time to let it go.
Here is where I am so far. I knit two rounds of main colour (see ribbing) then alternate with one of the other colours. Now that I'm back with the gold yarn, I'm repeating the sequence.
It's really easy knitting for when I'm watching TV. The body will be about 16" long from the bottom to the underarm.
I must say, knitting with this luxurious yarn is a very pleasant experience. The overall appearance will be somewhat bouclé-ish due to the inconsistency in my spinning and plying. That will be part of its charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment