Friday 28 January 2022

I Went Ahead

I finished the wavy stitches. This left 24 threads from one wave to the other and meant that the outram pattern would go right up to the wavy stitches. Sylvia and Marion encouraged us to only do this much and wait 'til the next session to go ahead on the outram stitches. 

If I were to do this again, I'd do the tussock stitches one thread away from the backstitching, then the wavy. This would make 26 sts and one thread space between the outram and the wavy.

But I went ahead anyway. I started one colour of the outram stitches. Now I wish I had used a single ply of DMC on this.
This is one side of the needlebook finished. I think one ply of the dark blue would have balanced better with the lighter blue Sulky. The lighter blue looks like elaborate stars rather than outram stitches the same as the dark blue. The overall effect is good, though, IMHO.
I like this kind of counted stitching and now am keen to get my hands on more patterns like this - Wessex or otherwise. 

This project won't take that long to finish up. the seaming of the back to the front will be easily done with whip stitches much like when stitching up a biscornu. 

I'm actually keen on designing and stitching a biscornu. Teresa Kogut will be releasing at least one biscornu pattern at Market in March. There are so many cute elements to her and other's patterns that would lend themselves to biscornus.

I got more done on the ripple blanket. It is very cozy draping it over myself while I work on it on these chilly nights. Skip and I have been really enjoying the fireplace. There's nothing cozier than a cracking wood fire.

And here we are - another weekend ahead. This isolation because of COVID is really becoming old. I am so grateful for the regular connections I have with my spinning and stitching friends and an entertaining husband. Without them would be a very unhappy camper.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment