Sunday 23 January 2022

Starting the Wessex Needlebook

I wanted to start the Wessex needlebook last night but got hung up trying to decide where and how to do the 4-sided stitch - whether to do it over 4 threads (2 stitches in the instructions) or over 2 threads. The I couldn't figure out how to do the corners for it to work in the centre. I was overthinking it.

Today I realized the 4-sided stitch didn't need to be centred on the centre 8 threads so I started in.

While chatting with the Crafternoon folks, we all coached each other through the 'x's (yellow), 'o's (green Algerian eyelets), and backstitching. Jeanette, Marilyn, and I decided how we would do the tussock stitches.

Jeanette did her 4-sided stitch over 2 threads as did probably everyone else. 

The 'x's and 'o's looked like spring colours so I added a 4th colour, the pink for the backstitching. I'm ready to start the tussock stitches but I'll finish the 'o's first. 

Taking a break for the end of the Bills game...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment