Sunday 16 January 2022

Ready to Start Louisa Acton aka Cordelia Peacock

I got the colours picked for the sampler. 

I will use the skein of green Valdani floss that I was given for Christmas as it is so similar to the DMC green I had picked.

All my guild peeps who have stitched this say it goes very quickly so I may start it during my Zoom chat this afternoon after I get the rest of the moon stitched on Moonshine Cabin.

Last night Skip and I watched the Bills beat the Patriots. It was quite an amazing game with the Bills scoring early in the first quarter and maintaining their lead and scoring 7 touchdowns. Unfortunately their kicker squibbed two of the extra points but the Bills maintained their offense. 

Francey was watching the game from her home in Colorado so we texted back and forth during the game. I discovered my iPhone 12 Pro will record audio bits so I frequently yelled 'Touchdown' or 'First Down' and sent the audio clip off to her. It was a lot of fun.

Skip and I remember a similar time in 2017 when we spent the night in Buffalo after returning from being stranded in Charleston SC while disembarking from our last Crystal Cruise. I was part of the entertainment staff and taught knitting onboard. Before driving back to Canada we stopped in to Wegmans (big grocery chain) to pick up some favourite items and noted all the Bills-themed items in the store and bakery in particular.

There were cakes,


pastries,

cookies, (I loved the one that looks like a football field and fans)

balloons,
all the checkouts had alternating red and blue lights, and some checkout staff wore Bills colours or jerseys.
The place was humming with excitement in anticipation of this game that would advance them in the playoffs for the first time since 1999. Sadly, they lost the game. 

But last night they WON! Had COVID not kept us home, we definitely would have gone to Buffalo this weekend to take in the excitement. We wouldn't have gone to the game but would definitely bought some of those cute football-themed cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment