Wednesday 12 January 2022

More Stash Busting (Denting)

I started another pair of Latvian mittens using leftover yarn. I modified the cuff using garter stitch as outlined in the fingerless mitts on the next page in the "Knit Like a Latvian" book. They also appear on the cover.

I will use duplicate stitch on the rounds where the pop of red appears. Not bothering with the red really sped up my knitting. I got this much done yesterday, during my Tuesday night Zoom chat and afterwards.
I am using Kroy and Sisu yarn. Only 50g is required for the background colour and 25g for the contrast. Only a few yards of red are needed.

I'm finding the knitting very relaxing and beautiful patterns like this are very satisfying. This might just be my year of knitting mittens.

On my Zoom chat today, I will do some more work on my Moonshine Cabin.

I binge-watched the Netflix movie, "Stay Close". The lead actor bears a strong resemblance to Titus Welliver and the character of Broome has a lot of Bosch's traits. It was a good series and seemed to me open for a second season to be developed.

"Welcome to Sweden" on Amazon Prime was recommended so I will give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment