Saturday 15 January 2022

Starting a Hydrangea Cowl

I found some lovely KnitPicks DK City Tweed in my stash. This yarn is so soft and squishy - perfect for something around my neck. 

I got the thumbs finished on the grey, black, and red Latvian mittens. See how they blend in with the pattern? Thumbs like this without a gusset are called peasant thumbs or the way I do them with waste yarn, afterthought thumbs.



The garter stitch cuff was much quicker on this pair. 
Adding the red pips of colour afterwards made knitting much faster. I would knit up a couple more rows then add the red bits and weave in the red yarn through the floats between pips.

A pair of mittens has about the same number of stitches as one sock so the project goes very quickly. 

I have only been stitching during my Zoom chats as both projects I've been working on require sitting at the dining room table with good light. I'll be picking my fabric and colours for the Louisa Acton sampler but should be able to stitch in my usual place - on my reclining end of the sofa - as the fabric will be light-coloured. My task today is to get the project kitted up.

No comments:

Post a Comment